1. Things You Should Know
- The Advertising Policies apply to (1) all ads and commercial content served by or purchased through Risole, on or off the Risole services, including ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, (2) ads appearing within apps on Risole, and (3) ads on Instagram. Your use of Risole’s advertising products and services is part of “Risole” under Risole’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and is subject to the SRR.You may be subject to additional terms or guidelines if you use Instagram or certain Risole advertising-related products or services.
- Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your account.
- We do not use sensitive personal data for ad targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your ad don't reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of users.
- If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
- We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
- For policies that require prior written permission, Risole or a Risole company may grant these permissions.
- These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
2. Prohibited Content
- Ads must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities. Ads targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead, or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
- Ads must not promote the sale or use of the following:
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs;
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia;
- Unsafe supplements, as determined by Risole in its sole discretion;
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives; or
- Adult products or services (except for ads for family planning and contraception).
- All ads must not violate our Community Standards. Ads on Instagram must not violate the Instagram Community Guidelines. Additionally, ads must not contain any of the following:
- Content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- Shocking, sensational, disrespectful, or excessively violent content.
- Content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record, or name.
- Deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices.
- Content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
- Audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person's interaction or expands within Risole after someone clicks on the ad.
- Non-functional landing pages. This includes landing pages that interfere with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
- Spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
- Bad grammar or punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
- Images that portray nonexistent functionality.
- Images that contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Payday loans, paycheck advances or any other short-term loan intended to cover someone's expenses until their next payday.
- Content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalized headlines, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low quality ad content.
3. Restricted Content
- Alcohol: Ads that promote or reference alcohol must: (i) Comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and (ii) apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with Risole's targeting guidelines and applicable local laws. Note that ads that promote or reference alcohol are prohibited in the some countries, including but not limited to: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
- Dating: Ads for online dating services are only allowed with prior written permission. These must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and our dating quality guidelines found here.
- Online real money gambling/games of skill: Ads that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission.
- State lotteries: Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on Risole, provided the ads are targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the ads will be served and only target users in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
- Online pharmacies: Ads for online and offline pharmacies are only permitted with prior written permission.
- Supplements: Ads that promote acceptable dietary and herbal supplements may only target users who are at least 18 years of age.
- Subscription services: Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements found here
- Branded content: Ads from Verified Pages (with the blue badge) promoting branded content must tag the featured third party product, brand, or sponsor using the branded content tool. Branded content within ads is defined as content where the content’s editorial voice has been influenced by and features a third party product, brand, or sponsor (e.g. product placement, sponsorships, sponsor logos, etc.). When promoting branded content integrations, advertisers must use the Branded Content tool (please learn more here on how to tag the featured third party product, brand, or sponsor).
4. Video Ads
- Video ads and other dynamic ad types must comply the all of the rules listed in these Advertising Policies, including the Community Standards, as well as the below policies.
- Prohibited content
Interruptive experiences: Videos and other similar ad types must not use overly disruptive tactics, such as flashing screens.
- Entertainment related restrictions:
i. Ads for movie trailers, TV shows, video game trailers, and other similar content intended for mature audiences are only allowed with prior written permission from Risole and must target people who are at least 18 years of age. Excessive depictions of the following content within these ads are not allowed:
- Drugs and alcohol use;
- Adult content;
- Profanity; or
- Violence and gore.
- You must not use targeting options to discriminate against, harass, provoke, or disparage users or to engage in predatory advertising practices.
- If you target your ads to custom audiences, you must comply with the applicable terms when creating an audience.
- Relevancy: All components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad.
- Accuracy: Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised.
- Landing pages: Products and services promoted in the ad copy must match those promoted on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
7. Text in Images
- Ads must not include added or excessive text that comprises more than 20% of the image
8. Lead Ads
- Advertisers must not create Lead Ads Questions to request the following types of information without our prior written permission:
- The same or substantially similar information using an Advertiser Question that you could use a Template Question to request;
If we have a Template Question asking for information, you must use the Template Question rather than write your own question. For example, if you want to learn a person's age, you should use “Date of Birth,” not your own question asking, “How old are you” or “What year were you born”.
- Government-issued identifiers;
Including Social Security numbers, passport numbers or driver's license numbers.
- Financial information;
Including bank account numbers, bank routing numbers, credit or debit card numbers, credit scores, income, net worth or how much debt someone has.
- Account numbers;
Including frequent flyer numbers, loyalty card numbers or cable/telephone account numbers.
- Health information;
Including physical health, mental health, medical treatments, medical conditions or disabilities.
- Insurance information;
Including current insurance policy numbers.
- Usernames or passwords;
Including usernames and passwords for existing and new accounts. For example, you shouldn't ask a person to create a username and set a password in your Lead Ad. If you're interested in having people sign up for an account, please consider using our “Continued Flow” option so the person can sign up through your website.
- Race or ethnicity;
For example, you shouldn't ask if the person identifies as African American, Hispanic, Asian or Caucasian.
- Sexual orientation or information about the sexual life of the individual;
Including what gender(s) the person prefers to date.
- Religion or philosophical beliefs;
For example, you shouldn't ask if the person is a Christian or if they support the death penalty.
- Political affiliation;
For example, you shouldn't ask if a person is a registered Democrat, Republican, or Independent, or whether the person supports a particular politician. Similarly, you must not ask how a person plans to vote or has voted in previous elections.
- Trade union membership status; or
For example, you shouldn't ask if the person is in a union, or what union the person is a part of.
- Criminal or arrest history.
For example, you shouldn't ask whether a person has been charged or convicted of a crime.
9. Use of our brand Assets
- Ads must not imply a Risole or Instagram endorsement or partnership of any kind, or an endorsement by any other Risole Company.
- Ads linking to Risole or Instagram branded content (including Pages, groups, events, or sites that use Risole Login) may make limited reference to "Risole" in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad.
- All other ads and landing pages must not use our copyrights, Trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or the Instagram Brand Guidelines, or with our prior written permission.
10. Data Use Restriction
- Ensure any ad data collected, received or derived from your Risole ad (“Risole advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any Risole advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- Don’t use Risole advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Risole) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your Risole advertising campaigns.
- Don’t use Risole advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- Don't transfer any Risole advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service